Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter Hair Bows

Hello Everyone!

   Hope you are all having a great day! I'm running way behind today. I still have lots of house work to do. But I did get the hair bows done and here they are:


   The two little ones are for my 1 yr old and the big one is for my 6 yr old. I got all the ribbon at Hobby Lobby. A couple years ago I found this site called All Things Girly and they have instructions for bows, clips, and sorts of other things. The only thing I've had are some of the bows and I find the instructions very easy follow. Here is the web site: http://www.girlythingsbows.com/, they also give you advice if you wanted to make a business out of it. It's an awesome site and it's free.

   Here is a list of materials I used:
  •  Eater themed ribbon
  •  Pink and Purple ribbon
  •  Glue Gun
  •  Bottle Cap
  •  Epiphany Crafts Tool Round 25
  •  Blank barrettes
For the two small bows I cut the egg ribbon at 20 in. and the patterned ribbon at 10 in. The yellow ribbon for the know was cut at 6 in. For the Bigger bow I cut the egg ribbon at 29 in and the see thou pink and purple ribbons to make the loops at 30 in. The yellow and darker see thou purple where cut at 6 in. each. The last patterned ribbon was cut 20 in. Here is a pic of the pieces before I put them together:




   The next three pics are of the materials I used and close ups of the bows. I hope you enjoyed them and I can't wait to put them in my daughters hair on Easter Sunday!!






   For better instructions and measurements you can go here http://www.girlythingsbows.com/, it's an awesome site. I don't use the instructions they have to the tee, because the widest ribbon I have is 5/8 in. but you can make it work if I can. I don't know what I have planned for tomorrow, but I'll try very hard not to post late. Hope you all have a great day and Happy Crafting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment