Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Door Hanger

Good Morning Everyone!!

   Today should be a great day, we had some thunderstorms yesterday afternoon, but today looks very clear. Hope everyone's weather is nice.

   For today's project I made a door hanger to put on my daughter's door for Easter morning. For the pics I filled it with Valentine's day candy, because I haven't bought Easter candy yet. I did it just so you can get the idea of the project. hope you like it.



   This is a very simple design. Here is a list of the materials I used:
  •  Art Philosophy Cartridge
  •  Create A Critter Cartridge
  •  Potpourri Basket Cartridge
  •  Easter Stickers I had
  •  Yellow, Orange, and Striped Cardstock
  •  Gypsy
  •  Cricut Expression

   With my AP cartridge I cut out the Door Hanger at 11.5 in., the square is 3 in., and the Egg at 2 in. To give the egg the cracked look I took some wave scissors and cut it in half. With Create A Critter cartridge I cut the 4 layers of the Chick at 1 in. With the Potpourri Basket cartridge I cut the grass at 3 in., for the grass I went by the width. I added the Egg Hunt and 2 egg stickers to give it alittle something extra. I used my Gypsy to place all the pieces and then connected it to my Expression and pressed cut. However, the door hanger had to be cut by it's self because of the height.

   The next two pictures show the Door hanger in use and a close up of the scene. Again I did use Valentine's day candy, because I have not been to the store yet to buy Easter themed candy.




   The next picture shows all of my cut outs before I put it all together.





   I hope you all enjoyed my project for today. For tomorrow I have some Easter hair bows I made for my daughters. Hope you all have a safe and wonderful day, and as always Happy Crafting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment